Alligator® Plastic Rivet
The Alligator® Plastic Rivet Fastening System produces a non-scratching, non-magnetic, quiet mechanically-applied splice that can be easily dismantled for installation, cleaning, and sanitation.
The Alligator® Plastic Rivet Fasteners were developed to bring the many advantages of mechanical belt fasteners to those applications where metal belt fasteners could not be used. They are external, cover-mounted fasteners employing a one-piece, integrated design with rivets molded into the top plates of the fasteners.
These rivets pass through pre-punched holes and are formed over through our Spin-Set™ technology, compressing the fastener plates and finishing the splice.
Fastener operating temperature range is 20°F - 180°F.
- Mechanical fastener rating from 40 to 65 PIW (7 to 11 kN/m)
- Belts from 1/32” to 1/8” (0.8 mm to 3.2 mm)
- Pulley diameters from 1.5” to 3” (38 mm to 75 mm)
- Beveled leading edges allow for smooth interface with conveyor components
- Produces a robust and abrasion-resistant splice
- UV-resistant black plastic for outdoor applications
- FDA-accepted white plastic
- Blue plastic for use with blue colored belting used in the food industry
- One-piece, easy-to-clean design with rivets molded into the top plate
- Spin-set installation through heat and friction provides a long-lasting splice.
- Baggage Handling
- Food Processing
- X-Ray Equipment
- Indexing Conveyors
- Mail Sortation
- Pass through pre-punched holes and are Spin-Set™, compressing the fastener plates and finishing the splice
- Hinge Pin
- Belt Punch
- Curling Bit
- Comb Assembly
- Installation Tool
Find the tools which help you install your lacing and fasteners along with replacement parts to repair you existing tools
Hinge pins are used to connect both ends of the lacing together to complete a belt splice
Alligator® Size APF100
Up through 3/32”Minimum Pulley Diameter
Alligator® Size APF150
1/16” to 1.8”Minimum Pulley Diameter