The Alligator® Staple Fastening System is ideal for a wide variety of light- and medium-duty fastener applications. The system features one-piece fastener strips with pre inserted staples that speed installation and keep downtime to a minimum.
Designed for light and medium duty synthetic carcass belting, the Alligator® Staple fastener utilizes high tensile, stainless steel staple attachment, in conjunction with an extended plate design. This design separates the point of fastener penetration from the line of belt flexing to eliminate splice fatigue at the point of belt attachment.
Staple fasteners are furnished in strips with a bridge between each fastener plate. This strip design minimizes the chance of individual parts dislodging into the conveyed product. The one piece design provides a stronger splice, greater resistance to impact damage, and a smoother, unrippled joint that simplifies hinge pin insertion.
Staples are hammer driven through the fastener and belt, working between the carcass fibers without severing them. The staples are then clenched cross-wise to the belt, so that belt tension does not pull against the staples to unclench them.
- Mechanical fastener rating up to 200 PIW
- Belts from 1/16” to 1/4” thick
- Pulley diameters from 2” to 4”
- Produces an abrasion-resistant splice
- Beveled edges and recessed staple pockets deliver a low-profile splice that is belt component compatible
- Available in steel, stainless steel, MegAlloy®, and magnetic stainless
- Quick and easy installation
- Package and Parts Handling
- Cased Goods
- Agricultural Products
- A portable, lightweight application tool is easily carried to the job for on-site installation
- The tool holds belt and fastener while staples are set with a hammer and a staple driver
- Hinge Pin
- Installation Tool
- Staple Driver
- 1 lb. Hammer
Find the tools which help you install your lacing and fasteners along with replacement parts to repair you existing tools
Hinge Pins and Washers
Hinge pins are used to connect both ends of the lacing together to complete a belt splice
Alligator® Size RS62
1/16” to 1/8”Minimum Pulley Diameter
Alligator® Size RS125
1/8” to 3/16”Minimum Pulley Diameter
Alligator® Size RS187
3/16” to 1/4”Minimum Pulley Diameter